Claudia is almost a month old now and she is growing and changing every day. She's more lively and alert now, which means more fussing, but also more entertainment! She's able to focus her eyes on things and have more dexterity with her hands including reaching for toys and trying to suck on her fingers, although the binkie is still her favorite. Overall, I think she is a fairly easy baby. Glen can usually get her to sleep for a 3 hour stretch at night, sometimes two times. During the day with me she is usually happy as long as I take her cues and hold and entertain her when she needs it and give her quiet and calm when she needs that. We're able to get out most days for an errand or a walk. I also started attending a moms & newborns group once a week and my friend Amanda and her daughter Victoria (who is almost 2 years old) and I started weekly play dates. And we've had several other friends stop by to meet the little one. Glen started back at work a week ago and so he's learning to function during the day on less sleep.
All snuggled in for nap time.

Sucking her thumb after bath time.

Playing with her hands. I didn't pose her -- she did this herself.

Great Auntie Pam feeding Claudia.
No comments:
Post a Comment