I got my biennial colonoscopy and the results were good. It just showed minor colitis and the rest of me is healthy. I don't always feel 100%, but I'm a lot better than last summer. I also saw an IBD specialist at the UW and he ordered some more testing on suspicion that I might have Crohns instead of UC, but everything has been inconclusive. It's not easy dealing with a chronic disease, but I'm very thankful that I'm able to live a normal life most of the time.
Glen & I had a wonderful Valentine's Day this year by going to The Melting Pot and having a delicious, fun, and romantic 4 course fondue dinner. We don't splurge like that often, so we're joking that we can afford to do it again in about five years.
Claudia is really thriving lately and is absorbing knowledge like a sponge. She is borderline obsessed with babies however she can get them -- real, on TV, in a book, a photo, and of course, baby dolls. She likes to push boundaries, so although we've tried it before, we put a good effort into some mini time-outs. She has to sit in this one spot without her binkie for 1 minute. We pretty much do what I learned from the TV show Super Nanny. Amazingly, it works like a charm. And I've saved the best for last, Claudia went pee pee on the potty for the first time! She went at daycare last week!
All bundled up playing at Magnuson Park.

Carrying around her baby doll and a little blanket.

She loves soap and insists on doing most of the washing herself.

She hasn't really taken to her "little potty" so we're going to try a toddler seat on the "big potty" like they do at daycare.
No comments:
Post a Comment