Claudia is very proud of being 3 and officially a "big girl". More and more she wants to do everything herself ("I can do it") and we really try to install pride in her for being independent. She likes being mommy and daddy's helper with chores or cooking. She got a bicycle (with training wheels) for her birthday and we tried it this weekend for the first time (after helping daddy put it together) and she did great. She can get on by herself and she is getting the hang of pedaling, but still puts the brakes on a lot (pedals backward). And her biggest "big girl" accomplishment is that she gave up her binkies. She doesn't ask at all during the day, but misses it at naps and nighttime, so she struggles there, but not as bad as I thought she would. She has been on a nap strike anyway, so she is definitely not taking one now, but I'm hoping (...please) that she will continue them again. It's good that she is so happy to be a big girl because she is going to be a big sister next October. I'm 15 weeks along.
Also, I started a new job this month. I'm at the UW Department of Neurology on a 6 month contract, which is right when the baby is due to arrive.
Found her Easter basket!
Dressed up pretty for Easter at Grandma & Grandpa's house.
Emilio and Claudia blowing out candles at Easter for April birthdays.
At the bouncy house 3rd birthday party.
Princess outfit and butterfly wings (two dress up items she got for her birthday)

Trying out her new bike.






No comments:
Post a Comment