Friday, January 24, 2014

Starting out 2014

Teagan is such a little girl now.  Her hair is long enough that I have to put it up every day, usually in a "whale spout" or if I have the patience, pigtails.  She is 15-months old now and here are her stats from her last appointment:
weight: 22 lbs. 12 oz (50%)
length: 31.25" (75-90%)
head: 49.25cm (97%)

She is really into carrying around objects and will drag a doll (or two), a blanket, or even a toothbrush and toothpaste out of the house every time we come and go.  She is also especially attached to her binkie now.  The doctor suggested we give it up at age 1, but she didn't use it much except at bedtime or in the car, so I didn't think we needed to.  Well, I must have missed my window because now she wants it at all time.  Luckily I think it's cute and it certainly is not hurting her language development.  She has added so many new words: strawberry, cheese, jumper, diaper, bubble, grandma, papa, woof, sock, shoe, belly button, blue, purple, and many more.  She's averaging two or three new words per week.  She is just a delight and I enjoy her so much.  How lucky am I to get to spend all this time with her.

Claudia is quite the character too.  She is like a sponge lately and is understanding so many complicated things, but it's cute that other things just totally go over her head.  We've had a dry winter, so even if it's cold, she has been doing adventures with my dad outside and learning about trees, fish, and other interesting things.  My parents (and often Neely too) still watch her twice a week while I work, so she gets lots of opportunities to do crafts, puzzles, and cooking.

As far as family news, Gina & Chase got engaged at the end of December and are planning their wedding for June 22nd.  Whew-ho, we're excited!  For New Year's, Glen had to stay home and work (boo), but the girls and I carpooled over to Alta Lake with Neely & Emilio in their new car (Nissan Pathfinder) and we spent almost a week just hanging out with our family and having fun.








No comments:

Post a Comment