Thursday, August 13, 2015

Visit to Seattle

Ah, July, what a perfect month.  Sunny and beautiful almost every day.  We started out by celebrating the 4th of July at our friends' BBQ and did some fireworks for the kids.  It was a 3-day weekend so we got some time in our swimming pool as well.  The next weekend was my 38th birthday and ta-dah, Glen's 40th!  Are we really that old?  My mind doesn't feel it, but my body sure does.  I wanted to go to Quassy Amusement Park for my birthday, but as happens on Saturdays after a long week at daycare, Teagan was a mess, so just Claudia and I went.  Claudia wasn't as adventurous as she talked to herself up to be (no roller-coaster, boo), so we mostly went on the kiddie rides, but we did go on the bumper cars where she showed her true colors.  She was smashing into people and didn't mind the whiplash that almost did me in.  That's my girl!  The next weekend, we got a babysitter and Glen & I went out to dinner at a local Italian restaurant, which was our first night away from the kids since we arrived in Connecticut.  We're planning a more memorable celebration to New York City for a weekend in August (childless!), thanks to Glen's family for giving us the money for the short holiday to celebrate his 40th.  My family got us a much wanted outdoor patio set, which I've enjoyed many of nights.  I've seen fireflies for the first time in my life (super cool) and I get to hear lots of interesting wild life.  Earlier this year it was frogs and now there is some kind of insect (I think) humming all night.  So different than the city.

So... speaking of the city, Claudia and I visited Seattle near the end of July.  It was a whirlwind trip, but we had so much fun.  We flew out of JFK, so I drove from Connecticut to Queens, NY, which was intimidating, but I totally ruled it.  I'm a city-girl at heart.  We stayed with Neely & Emilio, which felt very comfortable and 10x easier then last winter since no-nap Teagan wasn't with us.  Claudia said her favorite part of her visit was seeing her cousin Asher.  Ahh.  She had even more of a whirlwind trip than me, staying at 5 different places in 7 days.  Her Auntie Neely (home base), Auntie Gina, Grandma & Grandpa, Great Grandma, and the Robbins (her friend Hadley).  Besides seeing my family (awesome, of course) I also went to my 20 year high school reunion.  Juanita High school class of 1995!  I'm so thankful for everyone who turned up that I was able to reconnect with.  I was especially thankful that my old Camp Fire girlfriends (Meredith, Alicia, Christy, and Melissa) were able to attend and said so many kind words about me and my family.  You are all amazing women and I'm so thankful to have you as my childhood friends.  It was too short of a trip to include everyone, but those of you who I was able to visit, thank you!

Quassy Amusement Park



 Our pool.  Really, how much do we love our house?


Glen-cutie with a Dairy Queen 40th birthday ice cream cake.

My trip to Seattle, starting with my #1 baby boy, Asher.

Claudia riding Polo on Gina's farm.

Claudia with Asher having fun on a hot day (no air conditioning in Seattle):


 My silly girl with her Auntie.

My best girls having fun before we head out for the reunion.

More good friends from HS: me, Hiroomi, Jenny, Lisa, and Neely.

We had to check out the new playground at the Seattle Center.  Claudia did the big climb and slide twice, but got a bit scared after that and decided to hang low on the swings.


A surprise visit from my old friend Kim and her boys.  She missed the reunion, but got to hang with the Olson family for the day (even better, I think?)




No comments:

Post a Comment