Glen was supposed to go to Germany for a work trip, but we had Winter Storm Jonas, and his flight got canceled. The blizzard lost steam by the time it got to Connecticut, so we only got about 7-8 inches. Thankfully it was on a weekend, so we just had fun playing in it. Claudia enjoyed playing with her neighbor BFF and sledding. Teagan was a bit more cautious and mostly just liked eating the snow, but she will come around in another year or two. Glen has started a new fitness routine for 2016. He has a gym at work and goes most days. I've very proud of his hard work and he's getting HUGE muscles. I activated my YMCA gym membership that I get free with Teagan's daycare fees. I'm going once every weekend, so not much, but it's a start.
Teagan, she is quite the talker now. She still mumbles a lot, but when I can understand her, she says the cutest things. Some of my favorites:
Do I have school today? (Yes) Yay! I love school.
I'm a big girl.
Mommy, you're my best friend.
Mommy, I love you so much.
Is this broccoli spicy? (No). Are these noodles spicy? (No). Is this water spicy? (No).
In general, I'm just so happy with our current situation for Teagan. She loves going to school every day and she's maturing right before our eyes. About twice a month she gets pajama day or show & tell at school. At first she was confused and uninterested, but now she is totally into it and looks forward to these special days. We have many nicknames for her: cutie patootie, teagan beagan, and chicken nugget. She is still a little rascal and struggles to articulate her frustrations with us other than whining, crying, or hitting. Thankfully she doesn't hit at daycare, but she still takes it out on poor Claudia and we like to say (jokingly), "that's a bad Teagan". We keep asking her to "use her words"... hopefully it will click soon. When she wakes up in the mornings (or sometimes in the middle of the night), she just cries for me instead of getting out of bed and coming to get me. Claudia and I like to laugh "are your legs broken?", but I do recall Claudia going through this same phase, around this same age. She has a very strong attachment to me and in the mornings we sometimes have to snuggle on the couch for 5 or 10 minutes before she can get rolling.
For Claudia, I'm not sure what to report except she is such a delight. Okay, everything, except one thing. She is the biggest staller in the mornings. It doesn't matter what time we get up, it's always a lot of nagging and annoyance to get her ready for school. Please tell me this gets better? But other than that, she is such a well behaved kid who has an excitement for life and learning. I was a bit of a tomboy as a kid so I don't totally understand it, but she likes to be "pretty" and enjoys dressing up, wearing makeup (just at home!), and doing her hair. She also loves to listen to music, sing, and dance. Her friend had a roller skating birthday party, and we went a second time over the holidays too, and she loves it. She is still mostly holding onto the side, but is getting the hang of it. Teagan gets to have trainer skates with wider wheels, so she's just as good (a little unfair). Glen is a good sport and walks out on the rink to help the girls while I alternate whizzing by on my roller-blades and helping the girls.
Is this broccoli spicy? (No). Are these noodles spicy? (No). Is this water spicy? (No).
In general, I'm just so happy with our current situation for Teagan. She loves going to school every day and she's maturing right before our eyes. About twice a month she gets pajama day or show & tell at school. At first she was confused and uninterested, but now she is totally into it and looks forward to these special days. We have many nicknames for her: cutie patootie, teagan beagan, and chicken nugget. She is still a little rascal and struggles to articulate her frustrations with us other than whining, crying, or hitting. Thankfully she doesn't hit at daycare, but she still takes it out on poor Claudia and we like to say (jokingly), "that's a bad Teagan". We keep asking her to "use her words"... hopefully it will click soon. When she wakes up in the mornings (or sometimes in the middle of the night), she just cries for me instead of getting out of bed and coming to get me. Claudia and I like to laugh "are your legs broken?", but I do recall Claudia going through this same phase, around this same age. She has a very strong attachment to me and in the mornings we sometimes have to snuggle on the couch for 5 or 10 minutes before she can get rolling.
For Claudia, I'm not sure what to report except she is such a delight. Okay, everything, except one thing. She is the biggest staller in the mornings. It doesn't matter what time we get up, it's always a lot of nagging and annoyance to get her ready for school. Please tell me this gets better? But other than that, she is such a well behaved kid who has an excitement for life and learning. I was a bit of a tomboy as a kid so I don't totally understand it, but she likes to be "pretty" and enjoys dressing up, wearing makeup (just at home!), and doing her hair. She also loves to listen to music, sing, and dance. Her friend had a roller skating birthday party, and we went a second time over the holidays too, and she loves it. She is still mostly holding onto the side, but is getting the hang of it. Teagan gets to have trainer skates with wider wheels, so she's just as good (a little unfair). Glen is a good sport and walks out on the rink to help the girls while I alternate whizzing by on my roller-blades and helping the girls.
Roller skating for the first time!
Essex Steam Train
Gingerbread house making.
Christmas Eve.
Santa came! Lots of cards on our mantel. Look at those giant doggie stuffed animals under the tree.
Connecticut means snow!
It almost all melted, so we went to the park.
Then it came back!
No comments:
Post a Comment