Wednesday, April 22, 2009

First Week

So much has happened in one week. My body is healing quickly and if it weren't for this pesky cold I caught, I would be feeling great by now. On Friday Claudia had her first visit at the pediatrician's office. She only lost 1 oz. from birth, which is great. She has quite the appetite and we can see her fingers plumping up already. She can usually go almost 4 hours between bottle feedings, so she is often times a good sleeper as well, although sometimes she just wants to be awake and fuss. Glen's strengths are reading her signals, burping, and eating dinner while holding her. I'm quick at changing clothes and I can get a good tight swaddle. Claudia has mastered tooting, hiccuping, rooting (to show she's hungry), taking a binkie, making grumpy face, smiling, grasping our fingers, sneezing, yawning, crossing her eyes, and stretching out her arms and legs. All of it is very cute. Our family has had several adventures out of the house already. I'll post more later.

On a sad note, our cat Emme passed away the day Claudia was born. She had been going downhill for a few weeks and when Glen checked in on her while Claudia and I were still in the hospital, she was in bad shape, disoriented, and not able to walk, so he had to take her to the vet to be put to sleep. We miss her very much.

In the labor room hooked up to the fetal monitors.


Claudia at 1 day old.


The Banks family looking tired, but overjoyed.


With Aunt Gina


With Aunt Neely

No comments:

Post a Comment