Friday, November 5, 2010

September and October happenings

I'm back posting a bit because I didn't have time to post before our trip to Australia and we did a lot of fun stuff at the end of the summer. The last weekend of September, Neely & I threw our best friend Amanda a Baby Sprinkle to celebrate the upcoming arrival of her new baby. The baby has since arrived and she's adorable and sweet (of course). Ben, Amanda, and Victoria welcomed Emily Mae on Oct 25th. I predict that the three girls will be great friends growing up.

September 29th was our 3rd anniversary, so Neely babysat while Glen & I had a "romantic" dinner at Outback Steakhouse. Okay, it wasn't very romantic, but we rarely get to eat alone, so we enjoyed just chatting and gorging ourselves on steak and crab legs. Also, Glen got me some beautiful flowers, which prompted Claudia to learn a new word, "flower".

On Oct 10th, we celebrated the wedding of our friends Pat & Joy. Their wedding was beautiful and we had fun at the reception -- Glen & I always have fun at receptions! Claudia did really well staying calm during the ceremony (hint: pencil + paper) and then hammed it up during the reception, which went well past her bedtime so she was a bit wild at times. Her best trick was running between our legs, which was a little inappropriate considering I was wearing a dress, but it was super cute, so we just laughed a lot.

And last, but not least, our friends the Booths (Christina, Michael, Mira, and Sienna) came to visit us from Washington DC. They were amazing running all around town visiting their friends with two small children in tow. I feel lucky to have spent one day with them, and their girls enjoyed playing with Claudia's big pile of toys in our living room.

Amanda, one month before Emily was born.


Flowers


At the Gilroy wedding reception.


Claudia acting silly at the wedding reception.


It was impossible to get a good photo of all of us, but here's the best I got. Hopefully I can get find a better one that actually has Christina in it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment