Saturday, October 1, 2011

Work hard, play hard

The last few weeks have been super busy, both with responsibilities and fun activities. Glen has been very productive at work lately, which keeps him late some nights, and my company moved locations in September which has kept me busy too. At the same time, with the generosity of some friends and family, we got the opportunity to do some very cool things too. Last weekend we saw the Huskies beat California in a very exciting football game. Glen's coworker gave us awesome seats about 20 rows back. They're tearing down the stadium after this season, so it was great to be there one last time. Then, we celebrated Gina's 30th birthday by going go-cart racing. Gina is a bit competitive, so she smashed her car into (actually under) the wall on the 2nd lap trying to cut off Chase. She had a badly bruised knuckle and the car needed some cosmetic repair, but we were able to finish the race. I came in last place, but I blame Gina for making me scared to run into a wall! Then we got up the next morning and drove to Vancouver, BC because we were headed to the Pearl Jam concert, with Mudhoney opening. My very cool friends got front row seats and backstage passes. Both bands rocked and it was an amazing concert. And then, a couple days ago, Glen & I celebrated our 4th anniversary! We played it low-key this year considering all the fun things we had done just days before.

Claudia has been loads of fun lately. She does have temper tantrums from time to time, but overall she is such a joy. It is so fun to see her language and sense of humor develop. Claudia is very much like Glen -- clever, quiet when she's concentrating, and talkative when she gets an opening! When I pick her up at daycare, she runs to me and wraps her arm around me in a big hug, so I've nicknamed her Monkey Sue, although she usually corrects me with some rambling version of "I'm Claudia baby big little monkey Sue." Glen & Claudia have the George Orwell game, which I don't really understand, but it involves yelling out "George" and "oh well". Besides being silly, Claudia is working on learning her shapes and letters.

I'm demonstrating the safe way to drive a go-cart.


The winners circle.


At the Husky game.


Claudia refused to take a nap, but then feel asleep on the couch watching a movie. She is a lot like her daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment