Claudia is very talkative these days. She can be very cute and innocent in the questions she asks. Recently she has asked me if a need a bib, if I need to go poo-poo, and if I need help wiping. She said her first swear word and I tried to ignore her (which is the advice I've heard), but that just made her repeat it more until I burst out laughing. Then she was satisfied, and I haven't heard her say it sense (phew). She has also started telling fibs, but she has a huge grin on her face when she says them, so it's very obvious. And, kind of like the swearing, she wants you to laugh and call her on it. She has gotten a bit bossy and likes to tell Glen & I what to do and direct our exact movements in the games we play. It can be a bit exhausting, but when things are in a good grove, we have so much fun. We have started doing more arts & crafts at home, like using scissors and making things out of play-doh. Glen is good with engaging her in imaginative play and they especially like to play the boat game, which is pretending to take a boat to Australia to visit Nana. My laundry basket has never gotten so much use!
Claudia likes to join me on all my errands and activities, which we have a lot of lately with the upcoming holidays. I thought this could substitute for going to the park, which it's too cold to do for any length of time, but it's not working very well because she has been on a nap strike on the weekends for a couple of weeks now. She has also been having trouble getting down to bed at night. Not every night, but many, she fights every step in her bedtime routine and then makes up excuses to get out of bed. It's usually pretty amusing to see what she can come up with though.
At my friend Katherine's baby shower, which Neely hosted. We're eating cake pops.

Playing with a doll on Thanksgiving.

Playing dress up with Neely's accessories.


Singing her ABCs.
No comments:
Post a Comment