The end of September marked my last day of work at the UW and also Claudia's last day at KinderCare. After three years at her daycare, it was sad to say goodbye to my favorite teachers and kids. Claudia has mixed feelings because she misses her friends, but she is really excited to be home with mommy every day. We started off our week with an unexpected very expensive car repair, but thankfully Neely was able to help us with all the arrangements so at least it wasn't stressful. Now we're working through a big list of chores to prepare for the new baby's arrival. I have 10 days until my due date and I'm hoping for an on-time delivery, give or take a couple days. I was pretty much on time with Claudia. I went into labor the day after my due date and had her two days after that. I'm feeling pretty good except for a burning sensation above my belly, which is apparently a pinched nerve, and a lot of aching in my pelvis because her head is wedged down there pretty good.
Claudia wanted to brag about some new accomplishments. First, she can do a somersault consistently. And second, she is saying her "s" sounds
really well now, like "spot" instead of "pot". She also continues to be
really interested in rhyming and comes up with some good
ones. It also gives her the opportunity to be make up silly songs and
try to be naughty and get away with it. For example, "Boo hoo hoo,
mommy did a poo" is something she likes to chant. It's been fun to be at home with her and see all the imaginative things she comes up with. Her favorite is still role playing with baby dolls, but she also likes hide and seek, being tickled, and pretending to be a monster. Also, she is obsessed with being big, so all day long I hear about how big her feet are or how tall she is.
Glen & I celebrated our 5th anniversary last weekend. We went out
to dinner while Amanda & Ben babysat. Claudia was very excited to
play with Victoria & Emily and all their fun toys. Also, I don't
have photos to share, but Neely, Gina, and my mom hosted a nice baby
shower for me. It was great to catch up with friends, talk babies, and get some new clothes. When Claudia was born (in the spring), lady bugs were all the rage, and now (in the fall) it's owls! My work also hosted a baby shower for me, so I feel very cared for. Claudia is already trying to claim all the good stuff like the stuffed animals and she even squeezed into a pair of 0-3 month pants (they looked like bike shorts on her--very funny).
My 37 week belly (in green) compared to the same time with Claudia (in purple). I'm tracking the same weight gain and it's hard to tell in the photo, but I'm sticking out further this time and I'm less wide.
Matthew's Beach



No comments:
Post a Comment