To start off, I'm happy to report that our cat Emme's health has improved significantly. She still has this mystery missing fur all over her limbs and belly, but she's eating better and not loosing any more weight. She's now on a special low ash diet, so she has taken to licking the fireplace hearth and we've even found her playing with charcoal from the fireplace. It's pretty funny, so it's hard to discipline her. We're very happy that she's healthy again because she has a big transition ahead when the baby arrives and she needs her energy and patience for that!
I'm now 34 weeks along and my belly is growing every day, although I'm thankfully not huge. The doctor monitors me closely and so far things are going smoothly. My work is being very accommodating to my lack of energy lately, although I do feel sharper in my third trimester and feel like the "pregnancy brain" has subsided. I still have plenty of complaints about minor aches and pains, but overall, I think things are going well.
I had a busy February with almost every weekend booked with preparations for the baby. I managed to visit with several of my mommy friends and gather lots of good advice. I had my baby shower and I also attended my friend Ellie's shower, who is due just a few days before me. Our friends Carey and Nils had their baby on Feb. 7th and they named him Claus Rowan. Glen and I are impressed by his calm nature and are hoping our baby is the same. We finished taking our birthing class and Glen also took a special fathers-only class to learn about newborn care, so I'm feeling about as prepared as one can be for our new arrival.
(Thank you Neely for taking all these photos).
No comments:
Post a Comment