Monday, April 12, 2010

Snuggle Bug

Claudia has been so snugly and lovable lately. She likes to cuddle us, her blankets, and her stuffed animals, especially "wombat" and "kitty". She is crawling and climbing everywhere. She is really enjoying her new mobility and has switched from being totally exhausted in the evenings to not wanting to go to bed because there are so many fun things to do instead. When we walk with her holding her hands, I can tell her stability is getting better. She cracks us up with her antics. She started playing peek-a-boo by covering her eyes with her hands or pulling a blanket over her face. And she does what we call the "I Dream of Jeannie blink" where she blows out her nose, nods her head forward, and blinks her eyes. I have no idea where she picked that up or what it means, but it sure is cute! She is also showing her sense of humor and likes to pretend to give us a toy and then pull it away and laugh. She has this recent fondness for her binkie. She was down to using it just for naps and stressful or new situations for months now, but all of a sudden she thinks of it as her favorite toy. And they seem to be disappearing... I think she's hiding them. My little squirrel.

We all had a good Easter hosted by my parents. Claudia enjoyed putting plastic eggs in her basket and she got a pretty Easter dress from her Grandma. I naively thought cold & flu season was over because it was April, but Claudia got sick last week with coxsackievirus and another ear infection. At least she was mostly sick over the weekend so we didn't have to take time off work. Kids bounce back fast, but it's hard to see her so uncomfortable.

Our little baby is almost one... her birthday is in just a couple days. She already got her presents from Nana & Poppy and Great Nana. She is going to be one styling kid in the toddler room at daycare because she will have all the pretty dresses. Also, "wombat" was a popular addition to her stuffed animal collection. I personally thought all the bunnies she got were the cutest, but for some reason the big brown wombat rules!

"So big"


Snuggling wombat and climbing on daddy.


Taking a nap to rest up for all the excitement today...


In her big girl carseat for the first time heading to Easter at Grandma & Grandpa's.


Hunting for eggs.


And winding down.


My sick grumpy face girl. We're both on outfit number 2 or 3 for the day because of all the puking. She got lots of snuggles though.


I tried to cheer her up by taking her out for some fresh air at the park, but that didn't last long. At least I got her to a wear a hat for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment